Tuesday, June 11, 2013

VBS - Always Teaching!

So it is Vacation Bible School at church. I am in charge of the preschool and kindergarten part at our church and I adore these kiddos. In fact, it was VBS that made me realize about three years ago that I was ready to teach younger children.

I started teaching in 2000 - 2001. I taught math at the local middle school. I loved math but the age was not the right fit for me. I LOVED THE KIDS but I am just made to work with younger kiddos. Well, a position opened up where I student taught with my favorite teacher and I jumped on it. I became a fifth and sixth grade looping teacher (I taught the kiddos for fifth grade and kept them through sixth grade) for the next ten years. I had a great time teaching that age, but just felt the tug to teach the young kiddos. Three years ago I was blessed to get to transfer to an elementary school just a few blocks away from my house to teach first grade. I am loving first grade. My teaching career so far has been a blessing and I am grateful for everything I have been given.

Now back to VBS...

Our theme is "Everywhere fun fair" and the kids learn about the bible with a circus theme! They also have different locations everyday. Yesterday they learned about Japan. Today was Zimbabwe. I love the music, the crafts, the games, the crafts, the stories, the crafts, and THE CRAFTS! My own two kiddos woke up so excited for VBS today and I love it. It is the reason why I work throughout the year to get VBS organized...my own kids love it and I love seeing the excitement through their eyes.

I hope everyone else is having a great day. I will post an activity soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment