Sunday, June 2, 2013

Paint Card Synonym activity

One goal I have this summer is to create more activities and resources my students can use in the classroom. The first one I made is using painting sample cards from the store. I grabbed a bunch of different colors and then wrote down words that my students use too often at the top of each card. Under the common words, I wrote synonyms that would be better word choices. I pinned it to Pinterest but wanted it to be here as well.


This is a quick, easy way for the students to have lists of more word choices. Plus, anything with color catches their attention. For a challenge, why not give the students their own paint sample with the common word at the top and let the students come up with the new word choices! YAY!

I hope you keep coming back to read the blog. VERY soon I will be having my first TpT Giveaway to a follower. Will it be you? Leave a comment!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! Thanks. Will incorporate with lower readers in a Gr. 5 class and quite possible link to Phantom Tollbooth activities.

    ReplyDelete