Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Book Club for Summer and Gardening at School

Once a teacher, always a teacher. I decided that I wanted my kiddos to have fun reading this summer but also have a purpose. So, I made a book club with their friends that I know also enjoy to read! I feel kind of selfish because then my kiddos get a play date, I get to share my love of reading, and I get to try new ideas for kids that just love to read and have fun! Win-win situation. So, I decided on the books today. I will post soon when I get them and see if anyone has any reviews, ideas, etc! Wish me luck... 6-7 second and third graders for one book and 4 first graders doing another book. It will be fun, right? I am not crazy, right? Oh please send me good vibes! I am just so optimistic that it will be successful. Look for my weekly reviews of the kid book club starting on June 20th and every Thursday after that. I am sure there will be giggles and struggles!

Right after this, my kiddos and I are heading over to our school to work on the school garden. We are going to help paint a sign today for the garden. I am hoping to post some pictures after. I love that the teacher keeps this project going all summer for the kids. YAY! I am so appreciative of how other teachers go above and beyond to make school fun and successful for my own children. SO THANKFUL! Here my two amazing kiddos:

No comments:

Post a Comment