Friday, August 16, 2013

Open House on Monday

I can't believe that our Open House is Monday!


Let me wear my mommy hat first... Both of my kiddos will be at my school this year. That's right! No more getting to school way early to put my little man on the bus to go to the pre-k/kinder school! Do you hear me cheering from way over here??? WOOHOO! That also means that I miss both of my kiddos Open House tours this year because I will be giving mine at the same time. Yup, my hubby will get to go to both kiddos all on his own. Luckily, my son is directly across the hall (he's in first grade in my dear co-teachers class!) and my daughter is in the far wing (I don't like how far away she is) of the building with MY favorite teacher (besides my mom) of all time. So, I am blessed this year with the teachers my kids have. BLESSED!

Now to the teacher hat...AUGH! I am not ready. Are we ever ready in time? I feel like my room is in a state of chaos, I don't have my handouts ready, and my students/parents are going to have way too many questions that I don't know all the answers to. OK, in all honesty, I know I will be ready (with extra time in the classroom this weekend) and the rest will be FINE, but those feelings never disappear until Open House is done. Then, I come home so excited for the next day aka the First Day of School.

So, I was looking at my Firstie's pictures today on Infinite Campus and I just smiled the entire time. They are so darn cute. I can't wait to meet them all on Monday and start teaching on Tuesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment