Thursday, August 8, 2013

Lemonade for Sale

Where did the summer go? I know! It is G... O... N... E - GONE! The book club was so fun this summer. I loved having the kids over every week to talk about the books. Today, we culminated the end of book club with a lemonade stand of our own. It was awesome. We sold lemonade for two hours and had a profit. The kids decided to donate the money to the American Cancer Society which is just amazing to me. I love those kids.

So, to say summer is gone is an understatement. I go back to work on Tuesday. TUESDAY! Not just a "I need to go work in my room" day... a real, honest to goodness, work day. AUGH! It blows my mind how fast this summer went. We went on vacation, went camping, lounged at the pool, played baseball, had dance, rode bikes, ... Yup, it was a full summer. This weekend is my sprint triathlon. I did my first one last year and we signed up again for year two. It is what motivates me to get off the couch and stay healthy. I love it. It is nice to have a something to work for.

Well, the next time I post I will actually be talking about school stuff! Class size, organizations, common core, trainings, and more! Here we go - let 2013 - 2014 begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment