Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Yes, we are going to make it!

We now have a solid two weeks under our belts and we have started week three. The kids are figuring out the rules, the schedule and I am getting to know the personalities. I absolutely adore my class. The kids are all different and bring so much to a discussion. We are getting tested this week for DIBELS and then will finally start reading groups next week. YAY! Actual reading groups. It has been fun having my kids all day, but going to reading is such an experience. I love it. I love the focus, the switch, the groups, etc. Yay for groups. How long does it take to get your students ready for reading groups? Do you ability group or stay in homeroom?

So, I made a new product this week. I always get inspired by what I am teaching. I figure out what I would like to have when I am teaching a product and that becomes what I create! I actually do use what I create. Here is my latest:


It is called "It's Tally Time" and includes different activities to learn, practice, and master tally marks. I always enjoy having poems and motions to help with songs and this one is no exception. I think the quick poems are my favorite. Oh yes, I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment