Sunday, September 7, 2014

Sunday Night Football - and Sunday Night Planning!

Yes! I am wearing my Denver Broncos shirt and watching my team beat the opponent! Woot Woot! Yes, that is a true sign that fall is upon us. The other sign? My lesson plan book is my snuggle buddy on the couch. I honestly feel like I do my best planning when I hear the crowd cheering on the tv. They are cheering ME on right...right? Ok, I know that isn't even close to being true but it makes me fell better.

Tomorrow we start two days of school-wide testing, therefore, my normal reading groups are non-existent. I had to find an activity that my entire class could do without any pull-outs, reading grouping, core curriculum... WOOHOO! This is means TWO DAYS that I can have a little bit of freedom to read aloud, incorporate the standards while creating fun activities, etc. Yes, it was harder than just opening up my teacher's manual. It definitely took more time to plan. However, it also made me excited to go to school in the morning, pull the kids over to my reading area, and tell them we are going to read "Princess Pigtoria and the Pea". You guessed it, we will be talking about the "p" sound at the beginning of words. We will also be discussing the beginning, the middle, and the end of the story. Watch out - we might even do predictions and summaries too! So yes, it took more time but I am so excited. I love reading fun books with my students. We have a great all around core program but the freedom for two days is pretty exciting!

Woot! Woot! We are now up 31-10 in the fourth quarter. My lesson plans are done! I think this has been a very successful Sunday Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment