Thursday, October 15, 2015

Just keep swimming...

Did you ever notice that most teacher posts always address the best of teaching? Well, let's be real. Sometimes we have a hard day. You plan awesome activities, you have engaging lessons, you are on top of your game and you have a little kiddo that isn't playing into it. It definitely happens. The best news is that it happens to all of us! And, we survive. Here is my take on it...no it is NOT fun. You will scream in your head "WHY?" but we all know, this is a little kiddo and something has happened that he or she is upset about. Take a deep breath and just keep swimming. Remind yourself that this will pass, the kiddo will come around at some point, and you have a classroom full of other kids that want to do the plan.

JUST KEEP SWIMMING! Don't let one kiddo ruin it for the rest. Take a deep breath and don't drown in your frustrations. You can do it! You can and you will!

Can you tell I might have had one of those days today? I wish that as a veteran teacher it got easier, but it doesn't. Sure, I might have a few more experiences to compare it to and to use for ideas but I can't stop them from happening. I took more than one deep breath today. I might have been very thankful when the last bell of the day rang. However, I still love my kiddos! All of them! Even the one that pushed me to the edge today. BUT, I won!! I left the day with a smile and so did my student. I still love teaching. I love my class. Chalk one up for me today. I might have had to wear some "floaties" to keep me swimming today, however, I survived and I am ready tomorrow. Bring on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment