Thursday, August 3, 2017

Do we HAVE to?

Ok, let's admit it. We all love teaching or we never would go through everything we do. We love the kids. We love reading aloud. We even love recess duty. However, do we HAVE to go back? I know, I love it. I love vacation also! My kiddos and I sleep in. We play outside. We take day trips. We run around crazy. I adore summer vacation. I am as bad as the kiddos when it comes to thinking my carefree summer days are over.

Now, to be honest, I have already spent hours in my classroom getting it ready. Yup, I am one of those teachers. I want to walk in the first day (ok,, I will be back the second day because I am out of state the first teacher work day) and plan not organize and do my room. I am so much more relaxed when that part is already done.

It looks like I am going to have a BIG class this year. I will probably have around 24 first graders. I know some of you will probably think that is small, but I had 17 last year so the extra 7 seem enormous to me. I looked up their pictures from Kindergarten though and they are so cute. I can't wait to meet them. Open House is the day before school starts. Woohoo!

What do you have to do to get your room ready for school?

No comments:

Post a Comment